Powered by Blogger.

Planning a Planner Year 4

>> Saturday, December 08, 2012



It's back to the arts and crafts table for the 2013 planner.

I skipped the DIY planner last year just because I wanted the purse that came with the Starbucks planner. Then I realized how much I killed my wallet just to get one (well, Jace gave me my planner, while I gave mine to ariaxami) so I said I'll get back to making my own for 2013.

Then I noticed that whenever I decide to make my own planner, Starbucks releases a planner design that I really dig.

Gee, thanks life.

But I had my mind set on making my own planner already. So suck it, pride. I have a planner that I'll love, even if I'll be taking jealous glances at the 2013 Starbucks Planner. Bye white planner, you'll be forever missed.

Crack knuckles, wiggle fingers. Here's what went down during my idle Saturdays.

Initial materials
Ideas came and went as I did the planner. Plans changed so there were some of materials that wasn't in this photo. Read along, you'll see what I mean.



Main pages

I cut the paper into quarters using a cutter.



Carboard was used as guides to dividing the sheet of paper for the days.


I initially thought of drawing the dividers. So I experimented on different styles using different pens. I also tried different handwriting styles for the days.


But I changed my mind because I wasn't satisfied with it. I remembered that we had a typewriter. AHA! DING, DING, DING! I got out my dad's trusty typewriter and spent the day clacking away, painstakingly typing down each day of the week. There was no room for mistakes. Thank you to the trusty carbon paper, I could do multiple pages at once. Motor skills, you are still intact! Oh my loooord, memories of typing class way back in sophomore year in high school came rushing in.





I used my lomo prints as month dividers. I used a cutter to cut out the name of the months.





Used a puncher to punch holes (duh) and loop in circular metal rings (DUH) to bind the pages.


Covers
I took really, REALLLLY long in deciding on the cover design. I had so many ideas I didn't know how design it without looking tacky. I spent hours going through different designs on Pinterest and came up with nothing.

My ideas were:
- a postcard (I removed all the stamps from the letters I got from Kel and postcards from other people abroad)
- a drawing of a TARDIS
- lyrics from variou songs (though I've done this already before)

Then katching! The perfect idea came to me.

I painted the cover red (cue in TSwift's song, "Red" BUT LOVING HIM WAS RED, OH BURNING RED), drew different kinds of cameras on the top half of the board. I ripped a portion of a music sheet and postal marks from an envelope, then stuck a handmade bookmark with "year 2013" written on it.




The inside of the back cover could be used as a mini blackboard or a holder of post it notes. Anything goes, really.


Other Inserts
I found the last piece of garter in the sewing box. I used it to make a pen holder.




Ariaxami sent me journal printables early this year. I started writing on them for probably a few days, then stopped because it was just hidden somewhere in my study table. I unearthed it and decided to cut it and include it. Now I can write whatever whenever.





I made dividers and a TARDIS bookmark.





I have a little pouch where I could put in any loose sheets, tickets, notes, etc. I dipped the cardboard in overbrewed tea before cutting and assembling it into a pouch.






There are also extra sheets for contact numbers and other notes.


In a few weeks, I'll be saying goodbye to December and year 2012. I'm armed and ready for 2013.

1 comments:

Pink Animal 11:59 PM  

Guau!!! Eres un artista!!! Felicitaciones

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP