Powered by Blogger.

A Week and a Day After

>> Thursday, May 17, 2012



I went back to the doctor a week and a day after the operation. It was the day that I would finally see the stitches and learn if I'm ready to go back to work.

My appointment was scheduled at 10 AM. Guess what time I got to see the doctor? 4:30 PM. My doctor is a busy man and he had a lot of doctor duties in other hospitals.

Thankfully, I kept myself busy besides eating at the cafeteria. I had my Kindle with me (finally progress with Feast for Crows), my phone for tweeting and playing games and the ever reliable notebook and pen.

Since the main waiting area was packed with people, we stayed at the boring waiting area without the television. I also had a good view to people watch and people doodle. That doodle up there is my view from the other end of the corridor. The people seated were watching a movie on a huge television, switched on to Star Movies.

The bandages are now gone and I can show off my stitches to the whole world. I dropped by the office after my doctor's appointment and my officemates got a first glimpse of the two-inch slice on the right side of my tummy. I promised them a pizza party after my practicum. And since I wasn't able to complete it due to my lovely operation, I just had a post-operation pizza party. Pizza is pizza and food is always welcomed.

It was a food coma night because after the pizza party (worked a little too to meet some deadlines), I went straight to my Aunt's house because it was also her birthday. So after pizza, we had pancit malabon, barbecue, pichi-pichi, ice cream and cake!

I already have the go-signal from the doctor to do anything, but he said that I should take it easy. The stitches still hurt once in a while. I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night because of the sharp stabs of pain. But I'm advised not to drink pain killers as long as the pain is tolerable. Doctor doesn't want me to be dependent on the drugs.

I'm ready to face another week and a day. High five for a successful operation!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP