Powered by Blogger.

Trippy and Healthy

>> Thursday, December 29, 2011

Two months in a row, I visited the province twice for some food and family. Majayjay, Laguna is my Mom's hometown and we visit the ancestral home during special days (Holy Week, All Souls' Day, my great grand Aunt's birthday). We usually go there a day or two before the holiday to avoid the rush of people and the hours of traffic.

And every time we're there, we never fail to visit two places. One is Costales Farm, a farm for organic food. Everything else sold is organic, from the meat to the vegetables. The other is the Majayjay Falls or Taytay Falls because it's in the town of Taytay in Majayjay; oooor Imelda Falls, when the country was still under the Marcos reign.

November


The other shutterbug. Dad finished one roll of film in one go.




soiled veggies are buried in soil with these worms. They digest the veggies and the soil and the poop that they produce is used as fertilizer.


Cielo (my godchild) holds worms for the first time.




Off to Majayjay Falls!






A bug landed on my arm. I took a photo before swatting it away. haha


December

This time I had the cousins and aunts with us when we returned to Majayjay. It became a pre-Christmas trip for us as we did nothing but eat, travel, eat, eat, and eat.


Had some storytelling by Deanne during the long ride. I do not like green eggs and ham!


Let it be known to mankind that I want a pig for a pet.


The animals in Costales Farm are vegetarians. They don't eat commercial feeds. Whuduuup.












"Xanadu, your neon lights will shine. For you Xanaduuuuuuuu." Sorry, couldn't help it.






She's turning 99 in February! No wheelchairs, no crutches, no canes. She's stronger than ya think!


I hope y'all had a lovely Christmas! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP