Powered by Blogger.

18 and Vintage

>> Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I think this is the first time that us cousins from the Pitargue side were in formal wear. My cousin Nikki celebrated her 18 years by having a party last December 17. On my 18th birthday, I only treated my college friends for dinner in Eastwood. When Jovel reached 18, I think the family had dinner in a mall. So yep, Nikki's debut was the first formal celebration -- roses, candles, program, buffet and all.

School rivalry also happens in the Pitargue family. Every time a cousin reaches her senior year in college, the older cousins would go all salesman and try to convince that younger cousin to study in either Ateneo or LaSalle. Last Christmas, Nikki was the center of attraction when both sides were giving their reasons why one school was better than the other.

Unfortunately for us Ateneans, Nikki joined the green side. She's now a freshman at the ~other school. We're now outnumbered in our generation. Two Ateneans, three LaSallians. Hah, but we still hold the record of having the oldest Atenean in the family. Our great grandfather was a graduate of the super duper ancient Ateneo. He graduated with a degree in Arts and Letters from the Ateneo, batch 1916. BEAT THAT! HAH!

Back to the debut. The theme for Nikki's debut was vintage. Almost everyone from the family had a role. The guy relatives (cousins, my dad and Nikki's dad) were part of the 18 roses. Jovel was one of the 18 candles. I led the prayer -- because Tita Cha said that I would be the oldest because all those part of the 18 candles were either in high school or college. (Can't I cheat my way in and say that I'm also a high school anyway? I can pass the role. haha) The other aunts and uncles were part of the 18 toasts.

Blabity-blab-blab, enough of the talk.


That afternoon, planes flew over our house. Trish said they look like the planes from "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children." Ohhh.


Jovel took this shot


Debut in a glass




My Mum and Dad




My Dad as the 2nd rose


Thirdy as the 3rd rose.


Bimboy Valeric as the fourth rose. "Tangkad ni Nikki." HAHAHA






Nikki's sister, Bea


Jovel


Nikki's best friend, also named Nikki.


Another best friend of Nikki's, Fides.


Surprise dances from the best friends and the family


The only photo I have from my camera. With the aunt and the other cousins.






The grandmother



At least I have some photos from the photobooth. haha Photos courtesy of BaiCapture.com







Who's next in the debut line? Bea and Jam! Oh ano Jam, pasasara natin ang P. Rivera? Garden party! hahahaha

More photos in my Multiply.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP