Powered by Blogger.

DIY Planner on Hold

>> Saturday, November 26, 2011

For three years, I have been making my own planner (2009, 2010, 2011). I was about to make one for next year when Jace stopped me and told me not to push through with it. I sensed something was fishy until he told me what the fuss was all about.

I got my first Christmas gift from him -- a Starbucks planner.

For the Filipinos, November is the start of the Starbucks sticker craze. One is given a card where you have to collect a certain number of stickers in exchange for a planner. For every drink bought, a sticker was placed onto the card. I used to collect stickers then gave up on it because it was bloody expensive to collect. Imagine buying seventeen drinks (9 Christmas drinks and 8 regular drinks) almost every day just to get a planner. That's around P2300. Ouch.

Anyway, I received my planner already and I'm just waiting for December to start so I can write on it (the planner starts December of 2011). I'm also collecting stickers for another planner.

Even with a planner already, it didn't stop me from personalizing it. What is a planner if it isn't a Yumi planner?

This is how the planner looks like when you complete the sticker card.


Photo courtesy of @badskin on Tumblr, who also got her planner last week.


I took out my markers and drew a Starbucks cup on the cover. I'm a bit addicted to the Cranberry White Chocolate Mocha, even if the Cranberry is just syrup squeezed on top of the whipped cream. It just made the White Chocolate Mocha look fancy and Christmas-y.



Then, using the poster paint, I added colors to the doodled cup.





Wah-lah! No more brown and plain cover!



Also seen on Tumblr.

P.S. I promised Ariaxami that I'll post a photo of my study table. All except for one are prints from my Holga camera. It's my rainbow photo wall!


Spot that one photo that came all the way from Denver. It's a special photo!

2 comments:

ariaxami 12:38 PM  

I love the planner!! So cute!! And I love the photo wall, hehe. What did you do with the rest of the photos? And I see the one with Josh playing the drums. :)

yumi 1:35 PM  

Whee!

They're with the rest of my prints. I'm planning to put them in an album. :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP