Powered by Blogger.

brown racket

>> Sunday, February 08, 2009

I thought I will never live to see the day that a Filipino would be a top seeder in tennis.

This kid is on his way to tennis greatness. Francis Casey Alcantara is a junior tennis player who won the doubles championship at the recently concluded Australian Open. In the whole doubles tournament, Francis, along with his partner Cheng-Peng Hsieh of Taipei, won all sets. Not one set did they lose to their opponents.


Photo by Getty Images


Francis also joined the Junior Boys tourney, but he lost at the first round. According to his interview on tv, he said that the loss was a blessing in disguise because he was able to focus more on his doubles matches. That's the attitude kiddo, good job!

It's so nice to see a number beside his name in the draws. He's ranked 10th at the singles draw, while 7th at the doubles. Don't you feel proud to see the letters "PHI" and the Philippine flag? I do.



I hope he continues his tennis journey. I hope to see him in the men's draws in the future. I'm willing to give up my fandom for Federer and Nadal if he works his way to the top rank. :)

He has a photo with Raffy BB. Ay I wants photo with Rafa tooooooooooooo.

1 comments:

Arli 6:23 PM  

I read the article about him sa inquirer! Haha cool. Malakas ang mga Pinoy sa field ng sports! And to see a Pinoy sa mga top ranks, really great legacy~

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP