Powered by Blogger.

AMDG

>> Saturday, February 21, 2009

I always have to be reminded of this:

Ad Majorem Dei Glroriam
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam


Ateneans, pop quiz. What does this phrase mean?

When I was in college, I used to write this on every paper, project and quiz submitted. It's not just some phrase that tells that you're a student from the Ateneo. It's a daily reminder and a statement that everything that I do should be for God's greater glory. A statement that God lent me these gifts and I should not waste them. My life is a reflection of my relationship with God and school is a tool to show that relationship. I admit that there were times in college that I didn't give my all, or that I just lost hope in working hard for my subjects. But then, I am reminded that God didn't waste his time for me, so I shouldn't waste my time on Him.

Seeing the sign at the Ateneo Professional Schools this day brought me back to the meaning of this Latin phrase. I'm now in my working years, the real test of the skills I've learned in college. I began to reflect. Am I doing the best? Am I sacrificing myself enough for my work? When I work, do I think of myself or do I think of the people I give my service to? Do I dwell in mediocrity or excellence? Am I making my Creator proud?

I'm glad that I entered Ateneo and was introduced to the phrase, Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam -- For the Greater Glory of God. Meeting with the phrase again after three years made me be critical of myself. I will definitely take this phrase when I return to work on Monday. 2009 is the year to be productive. I will not complain with deadlines overlap each other. I should be thankful for stress because it means that I have work and I am getting paid.

To end, I will leave you with something from Feddy Bear, whose quote perfectly suits the previous paragraph:

When under pressure, I see things very clearly.

-Roger Federer

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP