Powered by Blogger.

on duty

>> Sunday, October 05, 2008

My camera lens had its overhaul last week. I sent it to the service center because the autofocus was being a brat. The manual mode on my lens was also stuck. The lens was useless so off to the service center you go!

I was soooo glad when they called home to say that I could pick it up after 5 days. And oh-thank-God for warranties. I didn't have to pay a single centavo for the service and the parts replaced. If my camera wasn't under warranty, I would've paid P4000. Buying authentic gadgets will really save you from spending hard-earned money! OLE!

My lens is as good as new. As soon as I got hold of my camera, I tested it on the way home.

Yep, at night.

One of my favorite shots are light trails. All you have to do is to set your camera to a slow shutter speed and a small aperture. It'll result in fine lines from the lights that shine at night.

My most favorite shot was from the light from a taxi sign.

on duty
3 sec - f/14 - 55 mm - ISO 1600


I wasn't expecting this result. At first I only wanted the light and the word "Taxi" to be visible with the darkness surrounding it. But before the shutter would close, our van started to move. Oh no, no, no.

But!

I was surprised to see a smoky kind of trail. It was beautiful. The taxi sign is still visible. It captured the motion of a vehicle on the move.

Oh love.



--------------



My ultimate Christmas wish:


AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED

It's compatible with a Nikon D40. At the Columbia Service Center, this costs P13,000. But at the DP Online store, it only costs P10,000. I can even have it delivered to my office.

I want. Nao.

I'm saving up for this. But I have a feeling that my Christmas shopping will get in the way of buying myself a new addition for Joshua.

Yumi is now accepting donations to the Nikon-Lens-for-Yumi Foundation. (kala mo Mr. Unexpected Visitor, may foundation din ako! HAAHAHA)

Oh all the possibilities at 200mm!

4 comments:

Cielo 9:52 PM  

ang galing parang kaleidoscope of colors

yumiskee kulitskee 9:55 PM  

yay! thanks cielo. :D

TheUnexpectedVisitor,  11:17 PM  

with regards to your "christmas shopping", will you be getting me those limited edition lacostes?..MERRY CHRSITMAS!!

Hahaha!

yumiskee kulitskee 9:02 AM  

get me a new set of nikon lens, i might consider buying that pair of lacostes. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP