Powered by Blogger.

tennis finals

>> Sunday, August 17, 2008


photo by Philippe Huguen


Men's tennis singles
Gold: Rafael Nadal (Spain)
Silver: Fernando Gonzales (Chile)
Bronze: Novak Djokovic (Serbia)


photo by Philippe Huguen


Men's tennis doubles
Gold: Roger Federer and Stanislas Wawrinka (Switzerland)
Silver: Simon Aspelin and Thomas Johansson (Sweden)
Bronze: Bob and Mike Bryan (USA)


I love the Olympics being held at the Eastern part of the world. The time is the same as Manila's, which means I can watch games live or via satellite without staying up in the wee hours of the night.

I love C/S, 2nd avenue and ETC. I don't need cable to be able to watch the sports that I want to watch, such as tennis, swimming, gymnastics, and diving. I get to watch them after work. I'm updated at the latest scores and player standings, thanks to the Beijing Olympics website.

I was able to watch the finals for both the doubles and singles matches. It's a first for me to watch a doubles match, just because Federer is in it. He was eliminated in the singles draw, but he got to the finals at the doubles draw, along with his partner, 10th seeder Stanislas Wawrinka.

Getty images is now my friend (even if they have sucky watermarks on the hi-res photos) because they post photos at the duration of the game. So while I'm keeping track of the scores, I get to open my photoshop and make icons.

I'm on an icon-making spree for the past two days. If you do take them, please leave a comment and do credit. I can be a meanie if you say you made those icons. :P

Photos courtesy of Getty Images.

1. 2. 3. 4.

5. 6. 7. 8.

9. 10.

Btw, Nadal takes the number 1 spot today, ending Federer's 4-year reign.


FEDDY BEAR AND RAFFY BB FTW!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP