Powered by Blogger.

Billy Elliot

>> Monday, April 28, 2008

I've forgotten about my dream of watching musicals in Broadway. My heart has flown to West End, the home of London musicals and plays. With the start of my Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat addiction, I've been watching various clips of West End plays on YouTube. I've started a fund called "Send Yumi to Watch West End Plays" and is now accepting donations. Hahahaha

I'm giving Joseph and Oliver! a rest for now, because I'm now addicted to Billy Elliot. It was based from the 2000 movie, and Elton John was one of those behind it. He wrote the music for the songs.

Billy Elliot is about a boy who accidentally found his love in ballet. His father wanted him to become a boxer, which wasn't Billy's interest. The story also evolves in the miners' strike in the 1980s, where Billy's father is a miner and is struggling to live day by day from the strike pay.

Three Billys were picked for the West End production. James Lomas, George Maguire and Liam Mower were the lucky ones to become part of the musical. James and George had dancing skills geared towards the streetdance type. Liam was the famous one, having been accepted in a prestigious ballet school. He has more ballet skills than the two other boys. Liam resigned from the role to go back to school. His voice was also changing, because of his puberty stage. I think James and George are still acting for the role of Billy.

See the dancing differences in this video with Elton John.




And now for a solo performance by Liam that showcases the whole instrumental part with his ballet skills. These boys are talented.



I'm in the process of downloading the 2000 movie. Maybe when I watch the movie, I can insert the songs of the musical to the plot of the movie.

So if you're rich enough to splurge money, send it to my fund. I'll gladly accept. One show costs 60 Euros. Kthanxbai.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP