Powered by Blogger.

writing cancer

>> Saturday, February 02, 2008

Trish sent me music sheets for My Chemical Romance's song, Cancer. It's my most favorite song by the band. The lyrics are really a tear-jerker, and it's mellow compared to their other songs. Cancer is one of their few songs that aren't upbeat and rock-ish.

Turn away,
If you could get me a drink
Of water 'cause my lips are chapped and faded
Call my aunt Marie
Help her gather all my things
And bury me in all my favorite colors,
My sisters and my brothers, still,
I will not kiss you,
'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you.


Boo-hoo-hoo.

So anyway, when I got to see the music sheets, I was overjoyed that it wasn't that complicated to play. But my printer was not cooperating, I couldn't print the music sheets.

Because I wanted to play cancer, guess what little miss me did?

I copied the music sheet onto a blank one. Yes, note per note.



Don't mind the first line. They're notes for the National Anthem. I didn't want to waste musical sheets, so I wrote them on the next line.

After spending an hour copying Cancer from my computer, I went down to the piano room to give it a try. I played for 3 times, before I got the tune to it. I hummed to the song, because I forgot the lyrics. It's a sign that I haven't been listening to MCR for a long time.

I found musical sheets for Disenchanted and Teenagers. I don't want to copy them because there are more notes, unlike Cancer, which was easier to copy because of the chords. I guess I'll have to wait for the printer to be fixed before I play the other songs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP