Powered by Blogger.

The other Atenean

>> Sunday, January 20, 2008

I'm not the only Atenean in the family.

My dad keeps this old Ateneo yearbook of my great grandfather, Lolo Andres. It dates back to 1916, where girls weren't allowed in Ateneo grounds. The only course at that time was the Humanities and everyone was required to study Latin, Spanish, and Greek.


30 mm - f/4.2 - 1/15 sec - ISO 400


I still got the privilege to meet Lolo Andres. My dad took care of him during his last 10 or so years on earth, that's why Lolo Andres gave us his house when he died. (There's still an engraved date in our bodega, decades before I was born).

He was born November 30, 1896. It's the Andres Bonifacio day, that's why he was named after the leader of the Katipunan. Dad was also named after him because of the same birthdate. One month after Lolo Andres' birth, Jose Rizal died. My lolo was party of hees-to-ree!

Go Ateneo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP