Powered by Blogger.

Free Joseph

>> Tuesday, December 04, 2007

I'm obsessing over the Broadway musical, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. While listening to the soundtrack and watching videos on YouTube, I noticed something.

I have this thing for guys with curly hair. Having a theater background is a plus.

You all know that I'm one of those deranged fans of Josh Groban. Theater actor turned singer and has curly hair. Next example, Lee Mead, the newest actor for Joseph, and a winner of Andrew Lloyd Webber's competition, Any Dream Will Do.



Josh has this angelic to his face. Lee has the angst, giving strength to the role of Joseph. Notice in the video, he suits the song better than Keith. Keith tries to be as strong as Lee, but his eyes are blank to the feeling. Lee pierces and hits the character.



Of all the songs, "Close Every Door" is my favorite. There are four lines to the song that struck me. I love the intensity of the song; it seems that Joseph is mocking the One who placed him in jail.

Or maybe it's the Egyptian underwear. hahaha Kidding. (Half-kidding, actually.)



Close Every Door

Close every door to me,
Hide all the world from me
Bar all the windows
And shut out the light
Do what you want with me,
Hate me and laugh at me
Darken my daytime
And torture my night
If my life were important I
Would ask will I live or die
But I know the answers lie
Far from this world
Close every door to me,
Keep those I love from me
Children of Israel
Are never alone
For I know I shall find
My own peace of mind
For I have been promised
A land of my own

Close every door to me,
Hide all the world from me
Bar all the windows
And shut out the light

Just give me a number
Instead of my name
Forget all about me
And let me decay

I do not matter,
I'm only one person
Destroy me completely
Then throw me away
If my life were important I
Would ask will I live or die
But I know the answers lie
Far from this world

Close every door to me,
Keep those I love from me
Children of Israel
Are never alone
For we know we shall find
Our own peace of mind
For we have been promised
A land of our own


Click here for the original version, by Danny Osmond. It's also a superb version. I want to have the DVD of this play!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP