Powered by Blogger.

leo the late bloomer

>> Friday, August 31, 2007

*insert kiddie squeal*

OMAYGHAAAAAAD. MY BOSS JUST BOUGHT ME THE BOOK FROM SINGAPORE. I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS BOOK SINCE I WAS IN GRADE SCHOOL. AYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! I'M SO GIDDY HAPPY I CAN'T CONCENTRATE ANYMORE WITH MY WORK!!!!!

*end kiddie squeal*



when i was in prep, our late school directress teacher lola (that's how we all called her) would pull me out of class whenever there was a visitor. she'd bring out this tattered book and let us read the whole story.

leo the late bloomer.

leo is a tiger who was a late bloomer. he was slow in learning stuff. his parents became worried that he might stay that way, behind from all his peers.

his father watched him closely, wishing on the day that leo blooms.

on God's own time, leo bloomed. he was brimming with inspiration, with enthusiasm, with sheer joy. the story ends with his first sentence, "I MADE IT!"


i think i'm a late bloomer. not that i was slow, but there was a time that i was in my dirt moments. my adolescent years were adjustment years to me. it was the ugly duckling stage of my life. i felt that i wanted to rebel but couldn't, making me a super quiet and a person with a lot of angst inside.

college proved to be my time to bloom. the whole block became my family, i to be a block and course representative, muster courage to act on stage, have my written work staged, volunteer for various school activities, head two sanggu events, and spear-head the largest event of block e's lives: fine arts festival.

we all have our own perfect times to bloom. some are early bloomers, showing signs of success at a young age. some discover their potentials in their later years. we can't predict the moment when our time will come; it's all to God to determine that. God's time is always the perfect timing, even if sometimes we feel that the waiting is so unfair. the waiting is a way of preparing us for the big things He has planned for us.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11

life is getting better. i may have moments where i feel like the world is crashing down on me, but i know that i should pick myself up and move on. life isn't over after just one problem. there are problems i will face and i should be strong to be able to overcome them.

life started in college. it picked up at a fast pace early this year and life has opened a lot of doors for me. i can continue yakking about the blessings i have received, but i think it'll take me forever to write them all down.

"It's getting better all the time
better, better, better
It's getting better all the time
better, better, better
Getting so much better all the time"

- The Beatles

so don't be saddened if you feel that you're behind. you'll have your own special time. that time might be your moment to lead your own pack, your peers, your generation. think of leo the late bloomer, and soon you'll be able to say your own "i made it" statement.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP